Thursday, November 20, 2008

The reason for this blog

Recently, I decided to take the interest I've had in baseball statistics for years and years and actually do something about it. I've been playing around with the various statistics databases available online and other sources of baseball information (reference books, magazines, preview guides, websites like baseball-reference.com, etc.) and getting a taste for what the "scene" is like. I've also recently joined the Bill James Online website and been reading his posts and participating in his discussion boards.

My main reason for starting this blog, then, is to give myself a place to store all of these various thoughts I have - whether they are in emails to friends, or the result of some personal research, or as a post to some online forum - so that I can come back to them later and also let anyone else see them. A blogspot blog seemed like the obvious easy answer to this.

Because of this, I'll be putting up a number of posts tonight (and in the future) as I catch up with some of my writing from the recent past. Don't expect this kind of throughput in the future.

No comments: