Sunday, February 15, 2009

Guide Preview Introduction

As I mentioned last week, I've decided to get into the spirit of the preseason - the most positive and optimistic time of the entire year, by the way - by writing team-by-team previews. However, I'm the first to admit that I don't know everything about every team in the major leagues. So, instead of trying to write about teams that I don't know much about, I figured I'd do something different.

Using the three preview guides that I get every year - the Sporting News Baseball Yearbook, the Athlon Baseball Annual, and the Lindy's Preview Guide - I'll be writing a "combined" preview for each team. Each team preview will summarize what the magazines say about the team. If there are any disputes between the magazines, I'll be sure to point them out. I'll also include quotes and statistics from the magazines, as appropriate. Basically, you can think of these team previews the same way that you would think of the previews you see in each magazine, except these previews will include the voice of all of those magazines.

I'll begin the previews tomorrow morning with the Brewers. As I put up the previews, I'll update the table below with a link to the article. You'll be able to find this post in the "Useful Pages" section in the left-hand sidebar as a handy reference post. Enjoy the previews.


NL EastNL CentralNL West
Atlanta Braves
Florida Marlins
New York Mets
Philadelphia Phillies
Washington Nationals
Chicago Cubs
Cincinnati Reds
Houston Astros
Milwaukee Brewers
Pittsburgh Pirates
St. Louis Cardinals
Arizona Diamondbacks
Colorado Rockies
Los Angeles Dodgers
San Diego Padres
San Francisco Giants
AL EastAL CentralAL West
Baltimore Orioles
Boston Red Sox
New York Yankees
Tampa Bay Rays
Toronto Blue Jays
Chicago White Sox
Cleveland Indians
Detroit Tigers
Kansas City Royals
Minnesota Twins
Los Angeles Angels
Oakland Athletics
Seattle Mariners
Texas Rangers

World Series Participants and Postseason Awards

No comments: