Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Seamheads Preview

Ok, so I admit that I've been a little slow on the posts recently. I never intended for that to happen, but too many things have taken up my evenings over the last week and a half or so that I just haven't been able to write as much as I intend to (I'm not complaining, by the way... things are going well. They just were getting in the way of blogging a little). And it's not like they've gotten in the way all that much. I did still manage to get three posts up last week, which is my minimum goal, and I still plan on doing the same this week. I guess I'm saying that I feel a little like I'm slacking, and I'm sorry for that.

In the meantime, though, I can at least claim that I've been keeping busy by linking to this. Remember the Seamheads.com Near Miss League that I mentioned a couple of weeks ago? Well, the league should finally be starting any day now and, as a preview, Mike asked me and a couple of other guys to preview each division. I was finally able to get my preview of the AL West finished, and you can see it now over at Seamheads.

Go take a look and let me know what you think of each manager's choice of team. Personally, I think I'm most scared of that 1982 Brewers team or the 2001 Mariners team. None of the teams seem to have really incredible pitching, though, which might work in my favor. There are a few Cy Young awards smattered across the seven teams, but, in each case, another pitcher from that year had a legitimate argument for the Cy (even Zito's Cy in 2002). I guess we'll see soon if I'm right. I'll let you all know when the season gets under way, and probably keep you updated periodically.

No comments: