Friday, May 8, 2009

Thinking Positive

Manny Ramirez is the story of the day. There's no getting around it. And there are a lot of interesting takes on the whole situation out there. It only makes sense. We're all busy processing this information and trying to decide exactly how we feel about it. I know I've read my fair share of articles, and I'm sure I'll read a few more.

But I'm not going to write anything about it. I just don't think I have anything fresh to say. Plus, as I've said before, I much prefer to focus on the good things about the game.

With that in mind - and to tide us over until I put something else up today - I'd like to link back to something I wrote 3 months ago, when the steroid news du jour was all about A-Rod. It's just as relevant now.
I think it's important, then, to take some time to revisit the positive aspects of the game, to give ourselves a little break from this negativity and remember why we all love the sport. A baseball tonic, if you will. And what better way to do that than by taking a look at baseball through the eyes of Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and friends. The perspective supplied by Charles Schulz and the Peanuts gang has always been simple, straightforward and honest. And that was never more true than when the gang took to the diamond. If there's a pure, simple tonic for baseball right now, I'd be hard-pressed to find one better than Peanuts.
With that, I give you A-RodManny, Aaron, and Snoopy.

No comments: