Monday, August 10, 2009

Not quite there

With the John Smoltz news this weekend, I came up with this great plan for a post for this morning. I even started the post on Saturday. But with a day-trip to visit some out-of-town friends yesterday and some other stuff around the house keeping me busy, I just wasn't able to get the post done. I should have time to do it tonight, though, so hopefully you'll see it tomorrow morning.

In the meantime, I suggest you amuse yourself with these quizzes: the Baseball Cards Brands Quiz and the Hall of Fame Hats Quiz. My scores were 13 of 15 on the first and 12 of 14 on the second... enjoy.

2 comments:

Bill said...

Depressing 10 of 15 on the cards quiz, but I matched your 12 of 14 on the hats one...should've been 13, but I just couldn't make myself go with the obvious, why-else-would-they-put-that-there answer on #14. Sparky surprised me.

lar said...

I know exactly what you're saying, Bill. I saw that choice and thought "Boy, that's weird." but didn't choose it. I guess I assumed that maybe they had that choice on all the questions but I just ignored it everytime...

For the baseball quiz, I missed the Nolan Ryan Topps question and the Ozzie Canseco Upper Deck one. I actually thought I'd've missed a lot more of the ones from before I was born, but I guess I knew those ones pretty well. Still can't figure out how I chose the wrong Upper Deck year. They were always the expensive packs, though... I much preferred spending 50 cents on a pack instead $1.50 or $2...